Die making process
Publisher: Administrator Date：2020-07-21
1) ESI (Earlier Supplier Involvement supplier early participation):
This stage is mainly the technical discussion between the customer and the supplier about product design and mold development. The main purpose is to allow the supplier to clearly understand the design intent and accuracy requirements of the product designer, and also to let the product The designer better understands the ability of mold production and the process performance of the product, so as to make a more reasonable design.
2) Quotation: Including the price of the mold, the life of the mold, the turnover process, the required tonnage of the machine and the delivery date of the mold. (A more detailed quotation should include product size and weight, mold size and weight, etc.)
3) Order (Purchase Order): the issuance of customer orders, deposits and the acceptance of supplier orders.
4) Mold production planning and schedule arrangement (Production Planning and Schedule Arrangement): At this stage, the customer needs to respond to the specific date of delivery of the mold.
5) Mold design (Design): The design software that may be used includes Pro/Engineer, UG, Solidworks, AutoCAD, CATIA, etc.
6) Purchase materials
7) Machining: The processes involved generally include turning, gongs (milling), heat treatment, grinding, computer gongs (CNC), electric discharge (EDM), wire cutting (WEDM), coordinate grinding (JIG GRINGING), Laser lettering, polishing, etc.
8) Mold assembly (Assembly)
9) Trial Run
10) Model Evaluation Report (SER)
11) Approval of model evaluation report (SER Approval)